CopyrightCopyright 2008 - 2018 Florida Services & Information LLC All Rights Reserved
Any copying, redistribution or retransmission of any of the contents of this service without the express written consent of Florida Services & Information LLC is expressly prohibited.
Effective Date: February 5th 2008.
Florida Services & Information LLC has a firm commitment to privacy. We take your privacy concerns seriously and want to make every effort to address them as we strive to offer our site visitors a high quality, interactive and personalized experience. That is why we have adopted the following policy, which explains our position on information gathering and how we intend to use and share any information we collect. It is important to note that this policy applies only to information collected by Florida Services & Information LLC.
When does Florida Services & Information LLC collect my personally identifiable information?
When you register on Florida Services & Information LLC, we collect personally identifying information from you. During registration you are asked to provide your email address and some demographic information including such items as your gender, year of birth, and address. The more information you provide, the better we are able to customize our services and your experience to suit your needs and preferences. In addition to registration, we may collect personally identifiable information from you when you enter contests and sweepstakes (which may be done in conjunction with site registration), participate in promotions and special programs, register for premium or customized services, make a purchase at one of our merchants or partners, subscribe to one of our print publications, or download a software product or plug-in.
If you are making a purchase or enrolling in a premium service for which there is a fee, we, or a 3rd party working in partnership with us, will collect your credit card, billing address, and other verifying information. In addition, we may collect personally identifiable information from you when you provide content to us for display or use on Florida Services & Information LLC, including but not limited to, when you participate in user surveys, post messages to bulletin boards or chat areas, submit personals or other classified listings, build a home page, report a problem with one of our sites or services, or submit a letter.
If you use our referral service ("Email and Article to a Friend") to tell a friend about our site, we will ask for your email address and theirs. We automatically send a one-time email to the address you provided. Neither your email address nor the email address you provide is stored or used for any other purpose.
How is my personally identifiable information used?
Our main goal is to provide you with a customized and more relevant experience on Florida Services & Information LLC We review our users' preferences, demographics, traffic patterns, and other information in aggregate so that we can better understand who our audience is, and what it is you want. Tracking user preferences also helps us serve you more relevant advertising. Please note that we do not share your personally identifying information with the ad advertisers.
We use a third party to serve ads when you visit our site. This third party ad server may use certain information about your visit to our site in order to provide advertisements about goods and services that may be of interest to you, but they are not allowed to collect or use personally identifiable information about you for their own purposes.
All credit card information is transmitted in an encrypted form, using SSL (secure socket layer) encryption, the industry standard. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. Florida Services & Information LLC assumes no liability for disclosure of data due to errors in transmission or unauthorized third parties. If you have any questions about security on Florida Services & Information LLC, you can contact us at: Florida Services & Information LLC Feedback.
To update your personal information such as name, or mailing address, you can sign into your account and visit the Update Account page. To update your newsletter subscriptions you either a) visit your newsletter subscription page in your account, or b) unsubscribe by following the instructions within the email newsletter.
What other information does Florida Services & Information LLC collect and how is it used?
IP Address. Florida Services & Information LLC may also collect IP addresses for the purposes of systems administration or to report information in aggregate form to our advertisers (e.g. how many visitors logged in to Florida Services & Information LLC). An IP address is a number that is assigned to your computer automatically when you use the Internet. When you visit Florida Services & Information LLC, our servers log your IP address. Your IP address is not linked to anything personally identifiable.
Who does Florida Services & Information LLC share information with?
User information may be shared by Florida Services & Information LLC with its affiliated entities in order to provide you with a more integrated and customized user experience. We will not disclose your personally identifiable information to third parties except (1) to the extent necessary to provide you with a requested product or service, or (2) in order to provide targeted promotional offers during the registration process. If you do not accept any of the offers, your information will not be retained by our registration offers partner.
We reserve the right to disclose your personally identifiable information as required by law and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on our Web site.
What else should I know about my privacy?
You should be aware that if you voluntarily disclose personal information online in a public area, that information may be collected and used by others. We do not control the actions of our visitors and registered users. If you disclose personal information in a chat room, forum, on your home page, or any other publicly accessible place on the Florida Services & Information LLC Web site, you do so at your own risk and you understand that your submitted information may be collected and used by others to send you unsolicited messages, advertisements, or for other purposes.
Please remember that protection of your privacy begins with you. You are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of any password you use to register, and you should always be careful and responsible whenever disclosing information online.
The Florida Services & Information LLC Web site contains links to other sites that are not owned or controlled by Florida Services & Information LLC. Please be aware that we, Florida Services & Information LLC and its affiliated entities, are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites.
We encourage you to be aware when you leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each and every Web site that collects personally identifiable information.
This privacy statement applies only to information collected by this Web site.
PRIVACY PROTECTION FOR CHILDREN. In compliance with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), we will not knowingly provide access to Florida Services & Information LLC to persons under the age of thirteen (13). If Florida Services & Information LLC later learns that any registered user is under the age of thirteen (13), we will take appropriate steps to remove the member's information from the database and we will restrict this individual from future access to Florida Services & Information LLC. We feel strongly about protecting the privacy of children. We encourage kids to involve their parents in any interactive activity they participate in online. Except where otherwise disclosed, we will not collect or use any personal information from children we know to be under the age of thirteen without obtaining express parental consent. All general information collected from users under the age of thirteen is used only for aggregate statistical analysis.
1. Responsible conduct. You agree to act responsibly at this site and to treat other visitors with respect.
2. Limited License/ Copyright and Intellectual Property Law Restrictions. Except for public domain material, the content on this site is protected by intellectual property laws, including U.S. copyright laws. You are hereby granted a non-exclusive license to use the material at this site ("Content") while connected to this site (including, where available, to email individual stories to friends directly from this site). All rights are reserved. Among other things, electronic reproduction, adaptation, distribution, performance or display is prohibited. Private copying and distribution is prohibited. Changes to or deletion of author attribution or copyright notices are prohibited. Commercial use of any of the Content is strictly prohibited. Use of any of our trademarks as metatags on other web sites also is strictly prohibited. You may not display this Web site in frames (or any of the Content via in-line links) without our express written permission, which may be requested by contacting us through our feedback form. You may, however, establish ordinary links to our site without our written permission.
3. Links. We may provide links from our site to other sites as a convenience to our visitors. We have no control over linked sites and make no representations about any content or material available at these locations. Links are not intended to imply sponsorship, affiliation or endorsement.
4. Discussion Boards and other self-publishing 3rd party products. Although we do not have any obligation to monitor these services, or this self-published content, we reserve the right at all times to remove any information or materials that are unlawful, threatening, abusive, libelous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, pornographic, profane, indecent or otherwise objectionable to us in our sole discretion and to disclose any information necessary to satisfy the law, regulation, or government request. We also reserve the right to permanently block any user who violates these terms and conditions.
5. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES. You expressly agree that use of this web site is at your sole risk. There is no warranty that your access to or use of this site will be uninterrupted or error free; or that any particular results may be obtained by use of this site. This site is made available on an "AS IS" basis and “AS IS AVAILABLE” without warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, including but not limited to warranties of title or implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement or otherwise, other than those which are implied by and incapable of exclusion, restriction, or modification under the laws applicable to this agreement. Neither we nor any other person or entity providing content via this site shall be liable to you for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages.
6. Modifications/ Termination. The terms of this agreement will not be modified on an individual basis. You agree that we may modify the terms of this Agreement (or discontinue this site) in our sole discretion, without advance notice, and that your right to access this site is conditioned on an ongoing basis with your compliance with the then-current version of these Terms and Conditions. You should therefore visit this page frequently.
7. Jurisdiction. Florida Services & Information LLC is a US enterprise and is listed in the State of Florida. In the event of any dispute arising out of or relating to this site, you agree that the exclusive venue for litigating disputes shall be in state or federal court in Miami, Florida.